- Date of Consecration
- Jaffna Archdeaconry
- Rev. S Janagan
This Church is situated at K.K.S Road Kokuvil. As this Church was started in 1880 on the Holy Trinity Day the Church was named as Holy Trinity Church.
In 1865, the missionaries started the evangelism and after continuing their missionary work for 15 years, in 1880 they were able to build and dedicate the Church. Rev. G.W. Champion was appointed as the first priest for the Church and seven members were baptized y him in 1880.
Four schools belonged to this Church. They are namely:
- Kokuvil West C.C.T.M.S
- Kondavil C.C.T.M.S
- School opposite to our Church-Kokuvil station C.C.T.M.S
- Kokuvil East C.C.T.M.S (This school is now known as Ramakrishna Mission School)
The other three schools even though they were taken over by the Government goes as C.C.T.M.S.
This Church was not damaged during the 1995 exodus and the past war situation. More than 300 members were baptized in this Church. There are now 20 families in this Church.
Every Sunday the Service is at 6.45a.m. About 45 members attend this service. Many Hindu members also worship in this Church.
- Postal Address
- Holy Trinity Church, Kokuvil
- 021 2230713