- Date of Consecration
- 1935 - 10 - 05
- Galle Archdeaconry
- Rev. John Marshall
Due to the untiring efforts of Simon J Peiris steps were taken in 1913 to build a Chapel at Willorawatte with the help of his two brothers H.T Peiris and James Peiris.
During the Incumbency of Canon Jacob Mendis and the Episcopate of Rt. Rev. Mark Carpenter Garnier, the Church was accommodated in a small building.
On the occasion of the prize giving of the Sunday school, Nancy Charlotte Peiris to provide assistance in order to put up a larger building. She and her son J.L.D Peiris readily responded to the appeal and in addition also provided the furniture and the other requirements to the Church. On the 5 of October 1935, the new Church was dedicated by the Rt. Rev. Mark Carpenter-Garnier, Bishop of Colombo.
- Postal Address
- St.Michale’s & All Angles Church, Willorawatte