- Date of Consecration
- 1875 - 10 - 22
- Galle Archdeaconry
- Rev. Anil Wickremasinghe
There were only a few Christians in Dodanduwa and Patuwatte in the early years of the 19 century. The land and buildings were donated by David Weerasooriya and his Cousin Alexander Theodore Weerasooriya, Procter and MMC, Galle. The Church was consecrated on 22 October 1875.
From the start Christians of all denominations, Weslyans, Anglicans, Salvationists and Baptists were members of this Church. British missionaries were in charge of the Church till 1912. The last British missionary was the Rev. G.A. Purser. The first Sinhalese Incumbents of this Church were Rev. Bastian Perera and Rev. J.H. Wickremanayake. Rev. Lakdasa De Mel who was later Metropolitan of Churches in India, Burma and Ceylon succeeded Rev. J.H. Wickremanayake and introduced indigenous forms of worship at Holy Trinity Church, Patuwatte.
- Postal Address
- Holy Trinity Church, Patuwatha
- 091 3080 220 /077 64 17 842