- Date of Consecration
- 1850 - 04 - 25
- Nuwara Eliya Archdeaconry
- Revd. Charles David
This church was erected by Bishop Chapman, the first Bishop of the Diocese 150 years ago. But it had declined and finally died with no new believers, and later the building also went into ruins. A Sri Lankan planter had moved some of the huge stones into the form of a cross, where the original church existed. This cross remains to this day on the grounds. AIMS setup a hut and placed a missionary to share the Gospel in August 1998.
On the 25 of April 2000 on the Feast of St. John the Evangelist the Church celebrated its 150 anniversary.
- Postal Address
- Holy Trinity Church, Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka
- 0522 222 344